Sunday 12 June 2011

Home to London

Hey all,

So, it has been a while since my last post! I have been in LONDON! With a week between jobs (unpaid leave as a job appeared very quick and I had had no rest). I headed to London to see my parents and chill out for a bit. 

Met a good friend for breakfast, although I didnt pick what you would consider as normal breakfast food, I had a prawn cocktail baguette and a strawberry milkshake at 9:30am hehe! Then went and saw my nanna, she is doing well at the moment which is great she is enjoying a bit of freedom from my grandad (who is sadly in hospital, but needs care so this is a positive as my nanna was struggling). She has been reading loads and sorting the house. She has offered me the most amazing tea set gold rimmed and blue flowers, it is sooo beautiful!!! I dont have a picture at the moment but when I have moved house and have somewhere i can look after it i will send you a picture. It even has a teapot. Then I went for lunch with my dad and it felt like we were on a holiday in europe, amazing food and great great service (for which we tipped appropriately!) yummy mussels they were really great! On our walk back from the restaurant I popped into the charity shops and dad had prewarned me that mum regularly checks these on my behalf so it was unlikely I would find anything! SO WRONG! I got 4 amazing matching side plates with pink flowers and gold rims and a 5th non matching one...Price??? well....30p a plate!!! Yay massive bargain! Again, I have left these in london for safe keeping so no photos at the moment.

I made my parents dinner that evening tried my wonderful friends focaccia recipe and thought it had messed up when with the first batch I had left the yeast out (this got turned into pizza) and then when I left the second batch to rise somewhere that was too hot so it ended up with a crust! But I recovered it and it was lovely. We had this with homemade carbonara, salad and pizza, think my parents were pleasantly surprised.

The following day my dad and I went for a walk (he walks a lot and has just started taking a U3A...university of the third age...group every week), we were scoping a future route for his club so headed to uxbridge and did about 6-7 miles...it was lovely and I wish I had had a camera because there we so many cute little ducklings!!! awwww! 

Then my favourite chinese of all time, I have never found better in Portsmouth and it was gorgeous!!!!! Just amazing! YUM!!!!

Overall, a lovely time spent in London and some bargains found which was unexpected but great! Was great to catch up with my nanna and all the knowledge she has with bargain hunting and being creative!

Sorry the blog is so text heavy today, I will try to remember to take a camera out more often with me!

Hope everyone is well

Holly

4 comments:

  1. The plates and tea set sound lovely, can't wait for pics to see what they look like. can't beat a good bit of charity shopping, although I have had to put mine on hold for a while as I am seriosuly running out of space to store it all, where I am still livuing with my parents but hope to be in my own place with my new fiance within the next 6 months, all very exciting.

    Thank you for signing up to my swap, could you please email me with you email adddress so I can contact you, thanks sweetie. My address is gemmap8701@hotmail.com x x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Lovely blog, i can't wait to see the pics of your things. I love rummage around shopping. There are three charity shops i honestly can not pass in town!
    We are partners in the swap! I can't wait to read more of what you are up to!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    im sorry for not getting back quicker ive been really busy.
    My email address is

    pink_kittims@hotmail.com

    Then i might quiz you a little bit (ok,not really, but i'll try and squeeze more information about what you like out of you!!!)
    Hope you're well!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hi holly we've been partnered in the tea swap please could you let me have you email address so that we can swap details and i can find out some of your likes and dislikes

    thanks tracy xx

    ReplyDelete